Initial thoughts on blogging and web 2.0


Yikes! That was one of the first words that sprung to mind at the mention of creating a blog. Indeed, this prospect provoked a slight feeling of trepidation, however the initial uncertainty soon gave way to surprise and relief when I realised just how easy it was to use Blogger.

Previously I had put blogging in the 'too hard' basket.  Personally, this project is an introduction to the vast communication possibilities presented by web 2.0 resources. One of my main goals is to develop the technical skills and knowledge required to use a broader range web 2.0 resources. A first step in doing so has involved getting acquainted with the blogger tutorials which have been helpful so far.

Also, I am looking forward to exploring the library related blogs for a greater insight into issues surrounding library work. My background is in education so I am eager to find out more about the skills and knowledge needed to become an information professional.

On a light note I came across  a Youtube clip showing what happens when the Cookie monster goes to the library. Maybe its because I've been teaching in junior primary school for the last few years but it made me chuckle, enjoy!



Comments

  1. Gotta love Cookie Monster. I've taught kids like him - they just never get it -but they're persistent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I feel for the Librarian, maybe cause I work in customer service, I know his pain. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment